Litter louts

It all comes down to sheer selfishness, I suppose. But I'm staggered at the way 80% of the population of this country seems happy to throw down their fag ends, sweet wrappers, crisp packets and so on, without a thought as to what'll happen to them. Imagine if there was no-one to pick it all up? The planet would soon be knee deep in rubbish - I wonder at what point people would notice and start being conscious of their own throw-away habits? In many areas, councils pay people to go around picking up litter, but if we didn't make a mess in the first place, the money could be reassigned to schools, hospitals and other worthy projects. Litter makes me mad...

Comments

Mark Williams said…
Totally agree Steve. I have to stop myself from picking up litter that I have seen someone dropping and giving it back to them. If I had more courage I would do that. It's symptomatic of the way the country's going. Don't get me started.

Popular posts from this blog

Troubleshooting Renault engine noise

Scam? Forbury Retail Park parking and Suicidal Retailers

PureView zoom alive and well on non-Nokia phones. (Zooming losslessly on Android)