Watches alive and well?

I'm staggered that the humble wrist watch is still doing so well in 2006. With the time (and Calendar reminders) on every phone, I haven't worn a watch since about 1990. Clunky, restrictive things. And yet a friend of mine runs TikTox and is making a go of selling wrist watches to the millions. Clearly there are messages of style and general 'coolness' here - and I've never been considered 'cool' by anyone who's not themselves a geek!! Do you wear a watch? And if so why, if you also carry a phone? Interested in any comments!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Steve, my watch is always available on my wrist, my phone is either in my pocket or in a pouch. Looking at the time on a watch is not so obtrusive as getting out a phone to look. I also use my watch for runs, when I'm in the gym, on the badminton or squash court, in short - any locations where I wouldn't have my phone with me.
Yomi said…
I haven't used a watch in over a year. My smartphone is almost always in my hand, since it serves as music player, mobile PC, time-piece, diary, and all what not.

I don't think I will ever go back to using a wrist watch - unless, of course, if I get one as a gift.
Anonymous said…
I have a Fossil PDA watch but I never wear it. Instead I use mobiles or computer screens. Or failing that ask someone (you never know who you might get chatting to!)

Popular posts from this blog

Troubleshooting Renault engine noise

Scam? Forbury Retail Park parking and Suicidal Retailers

PureView zoom alive and well on non-Nokia phones. (Zooming losslessly on Android)