Why NOT a belt case?

I just do not understand. Well, I do, but...

I've heard family, friends, podcasters, and YouTubers all say how they keep leaving their 2023-sized smartphone behind. On a bus, in a taxi, at home when going out, in the car, and so on. 

Back in the day (2004), phones were small enough that they'd comfortably fit in almost any pocket. Which meant that you rarely forgot it. In the last half decade, however, phones are now big enough and heavy enough that you have to choose an appropriate pocket and have a strategy for insertion and extraction in most circumstances.

Well, maybe ladies have an edge here, if there's a bag on the go, as it were. But I contend that all of this is a problem. Perhaps a first world one, but something to be thought about, at least.

Because there's a solution, and one which I've used since the earliest PDAs in the late 1990s: a belt holster. No, don't laugh (people usually do) - get past the style barrier and you'll admit that carrying a relatively bulky and heavy gadget on your belt is practical, easy, and foolproof. And you'll never leave said gadget/phone behind anywhere ever again.

I've written about belt holsters before, of course. Once featuring the king of the genre, PDAir (now sadly largely out of business after Covid), and once reviewing my latest 'find', the Viiger cases.

But here's the titular thought. Why NOT a belt case? They're completely out of fashion, apart from in use by die-hards like myself. But wouldn't having your phone physically strapped to your body in this way be a perfect way to avoid losing it, avoid bend damage when sitting, and avoid discomfort when sitting?

Well, it works for me and as a smartphone die-hard since day one I couldn't imagine life without a belt case keeping my 'brain' on my right hip. And I think it's high time the idea of belt mounting made a comeback in these days of 6.8"-screened, 260g flagships.

Try it, you'll see I'm right...(!)

PS. If you like this feature and want to support my work then please do so here via PayPal. Thanks.

Comments

John Kettlewell said…
Well, I've tried a belt pouch and found it was a pain when driving. Here in the USA we sit on the left and then my belt pouch on my right interferes with buckling the seat belt and frequently catches the belt when trying to get out of the car. Plus, I don't like to advertise where my valuables are being carried.
John, I hadn't thought of that. But then you could wear it on your left hip? Anyway, if you will live in a country where everyone drives on the wrong side of the road...(!)

Popular posts from this blog

Wavelet - and better sounding speakers (and headphones) on Android...

Bluetooth keyboard incorrect PIN or password - SOLVED

How to fix Blink XT2 Camera 'Thumbnail failed' error!