Review: Koseo Personalised Filler Cushions

I know, I know, it serves me right for getting drawn in by an advert on (cough) Facebook. However, the idea behind this simple Koseo product is so genius that I couldn't resist. And the price was low enough that it wasn't the end of things if it turned out to be a dud.

As it turned out, it was, yet wasn't. As you'll see below.

The problem being solved here is that between a car front seats and the centre console is often a slim gap. And into this fall sweets, phones, pencils, whatever. Which are then a devil of a job getting out again, squeezing fingers and tools in from odd angles. 

These 'personalised filler cushions' then fit between the seats and the console, plugging the gap and stopping things falling down. Simple idea, but how well is it implemented?

I can't resist listing all the attributes from the video advert and web site, in part for fun (because regardless of what I say, I did end up using the cushions):

  • Bright red (at least in the video version): nope, the actual thing is a dull (though not unattractive) red
  • Memory Foam: nope, they seem to have standard, cheaper foam inside (in that it doesn't deform easily and then resume an original form slowly)
  • Personalised: I'd assumed that this meant that the foam was shaped differently to suit the seat contours of each manufacturer... Nope, the 'personalised' was just to have the appropriate logo and name printed!
  • Integral phone slot: the web site and video advert show a phone being slipped into a slot along the cushion. The actual product has no such slot! To be fair, at least on my Toyota, the slot would have had to be incredibly slim to be fitted in, so I'm not too dismayed. But still, it's misleading.
  • On sale: the site claims 'clearance' and shows a 50% off price with 'limited offer', yet the price and availability have been the same for many months!
Having said all of this, I did install the cushions, with a degree of levering for the drivers seat on my car as it was a tight fit at the seat belt end. And I'm quite pleased - the point of the product was to stop passengers dropping things down the side of the seats and I think the cushions are sufficient to stop most detritus.

The cushion pair, anchoring around the seat-belt fixing and moving backwards and forwards as the seats are adjusted, is a cracking idea for a product and one which I hadn't seen before. True, the actual implementation wasn't quite what was advertised, but I'm happy enough for £15 including free postage from, where else(?!), China.

Comments

Robin Ottawa said…
We are old enough to remember that the word plastic used to mean something like malleable or shapeable. This product fits that definition as well as being made from hydrocarbons.

Popular posts from this blog

Wavelet - and better sounding speakers (and headphones) on Android...

Bluetooth keyboard incorrect PIN or password - SOLVED

Why the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max is better than the 15 Pro Max