Review: NOMAD Tailored PE Boot Liner

Sourced from Simply Cars, for about £25, I have to apologise if I gush a little in praising what is, at heart, a bit of moulded plastic. But it's also genius. Let me explain...

We've all been there. It's time to transport, perhaps once a month, something really dirty in our otherwise well-kept car. So it's seats down and start loading. Old hardware that's been in the rain for weeks, rusty iron, tree branches and stumps covered in flaky wood and general biological muck, garden rubbish such as mown grass, you name it, we've all stuffed it in our cars at some point.

And then, when returning from the recycling centre or rubbish dump, the back of the car is littered with damp sawdust, grime, water, mud, and so on. Which then needs drying and vacuuming. What a pain.

So I leapt on this tailored boot liner. Yes, you could line any boot, for a few pennies, with plastic sheeting, ostensibly protecting your car and making clean-up easier. And I've done this in the past, but some dirt and water and garden 'crumbs' always get through. The idea with the tailored boot liner, a different one for each car model, being that they fit precisely and can be left in place permanently.

So here's my car (a Yaris Cross) with seats down and showing the main (raised) boot floor.


As with many cars, this is fine for day to day carrying, but when I need more space or, here, to carry anything mucky, I lift out the day to day floor, moving it up to cover the backs of the folded rear seats, and underneath is... the NOMAD PE Boot Liner, which sits and fits perfectly into the lower boot cavity. In this case, I'd been transporting garden rubbish, shrub stumps, which give off a lot of debris:


Because the boot liner is tough and waterproof, it's a trivial matter, mere seconds, to sweep up the debris and even wipe over with a damp cloth, and then you're ready for next time:

So I pop the day floor back on top and I'm good to go - it's a real time saver and also means that I'm not finding garden mud and dirt working its way into the spare wheel enclosure beneath the sub-floor. The raised sides keep any loose material contained.

(Once swept, day to day, I keep emergency blankets and map books in this space, i.e. under the day floor. You can see more of this in my video reviews of the 2025 Yaris Cross.)

So yes, £25 for a piece of plastic. But moulded, tough, textured, and - yes - fabulous looking plastic. Highly recommended.

PS. If you like this feature and want to support my work then please do so here via PayPal. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wavelet - and better sounding speakers (and headphones) on Android...

Bluetooth keyboard incorrect PIN or password - SOLVED

Why the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max is better than the 15 Pro Max